In conjunction with the tour, ATO Records will release a 10" single, with live versions of "Jilly's On Smack" and "Eyes of the Squirrel." The vinyl, which will be wrapped in a green naugahyde sleeve, will be available at independent record stores for Black Friday - November 23rd.
Recently, Primus released the video for "Lee Van Cleef," premiered via TeamCoco.com. Primus also debuted the video for the single "Tragedy's a' Comin'", which premiered on IFC.com in a three-part series (part 1, part 2, part 3).
Primus' latest album, Green Naugahyde, was produced and engineered by Les Claypool in his personal studio, Rancho Relaxo, in Northern California, and features Claypool, long-time guitarist Larry LaLonde and drummer Jay Lane. Lane was in an early lineup of the band, and was also in Sausage, a 1994 reunion of the 1988 Primus lineup.
Green Naugahyde expands on Primus' incomparable sound and also sees them bringing it into the next millennium. It is a cerebral and complex album that, like all of the band's output, is teeming with the band's signature blend of whimsy and underlying darkness. For the past 27 years, Primus have followed in the footsteps of boundary-pushing artists like Frank Zappa and Pink Floyd to create some of the most original and inventive music in existence.
Green Naugahyde is a Primus record with all of the magic and mystery that phrase entails-and while no one can say for sure what the future will hold in store for the band, the most important thing is that the album exists and will inevitably hold its own in the band's impressive cannon of music.
Primus Tour Dates:
- Oct. 12 - Poughkeepsie, NY - Mid Hudson Civic Center
- Oct. 13 - Burlington, VT - Memorial Auditorium
- Oct. 15 - Washington, DC - The Fillmore
- Oct. 16 - Wilkes Barre, PA - Kirby Center
- Oct. 17 - Philadelphia, PA - Tower Theater
- Oct. 19 - New York NY - Hammerstein
- Oct. 20 - Boston, MA - Orpheum Theater
- Oct. 21 - Providence, RI - Veterans Memorial Auditorium
- Oct. 23 - Niagra Falls, NY - Rapids Theater
- Oct. 24 - Detroit, MI - Fillmore
- Oct. 26 - Asheville, NC - Moogfest
- Oct. 27 - Indianapolis, IN - Murat Theater
- Oct. 28 - St Louis, MO - Peabody Opera House
- Oct. 30 - Cincinnati, OH - Taft Theater
- Oct. 31 - Atlanta, GA - The Tabernacle
- Nov. 2 - Kansas City, MO - Uptown
- Nov. 3 - Denver, CO - The Fillmore
- Nov. 4 - Wichita, KS - Cotillion Ballroom
- Nov. 5 - Dallas, TX - McFarlin
- Nov. 7 - Austin, TX - Bass Hall
- Nov. 9 - Orlando, FL - Hard Rock
- Nov. 10 - Miami, FL - Fillmore
- Dec. 27 - San Diego, CA - Balboa Theater
- Dec. 29 - Los Angeles, CA - The Wiltern
- Dec. 30-31 - San Francisco, CA - Warfield Theater